Thursday, February 19, 2015

Floating Bookshelves

I love books, not so much reading books, but just owning them. After I moved and donated my husband’s 10+ year old college bookshelf from Ikea, I realized that we had a lot of books and nowhere to put them. So I was looking for a unique and fun way to store them that was pretty, but also accessible if we ever decided to actually pick one up and read it.


I came across these floating bookshelves online from Amazon and knew they would be perfect to surround the French doors in my guest room. They are inexpensive, easy to install and make a bold statement.



In case you are wondering how they look invisible, there is an L shaped bracket that attaches to the wall with screws. The bracket was super easy to install!
  • Pencil in a line on the wall where you want to hang the bottom book. 
  • Line up the bottom of the bracket with the line and mark the top hole. 
  • Drill a pilot hole at the mark and then fasten the top screw. 
  • Put a level on the bracket at the bottom and once level mark the bottom hole. 
  • Drill a second pilot hole for the bottom screw and fasten the bottom screw. 
  • Finally add books separating out the colors so each shelf has a pop of color! 

Floating Shelves from Amazon

This project turned out perfect, I love the way the bookshelves look, they add a little surprise to the guest room after you walk in and turn around.


No comments:

Post a Comment